This book sets guidelines for an efficient and quality housekeeping. It covers 7 chapters, as follows:
1) Organizing the Housekeeping Job;
2) Public Area Maintenance with lessons on cleaning tools and their proper usage, cleaning and sanitizing procedures and standards, floor cleaning, care and maintenance and the 5 S’S of Good Housekeeping;
3) Rooms Cleaning and Maintenance, including room and bed make up procedures, room check, mini bar installation;
4) Linen and Laundry Service;
5) Sanitation in Housekeeping including waste management and pest control
6) Managing and Monitoring the Housekeeping Job, touching on budget preparation, stocks control and inventory, monitoring, reports and documentation of transactions.